Proxy settings for running applets can be controlled through the Java Control Panel.
Configure Proxies through the Java Control Panel
- In the Java Control Panel, under the General tab, click on Network Settings.
- Select the Use Browser Settings checkbox.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Close all browser windows. Restart the browser and try to load the applet.
- If the applet still does not load and you see the same connection error, try to configure your web browser's proxy settings.
Common Error if Proxy is not set
A common error that is seen if the proxy settings are not correct:
While application is starting, a dialog like this appears including "ClassNotFoundException"