Java Update process has not completed and an error appears:
Error Code 1603. Java Update did not complete.
This error, seen during the installation process, indicates that an installation did not complete. The root cause of this error is under investigation.
This is a known issue, and we are still investigating the root cause. Meanwhile you can try the following to install Java.
Option 2: Disable Java content through the Java Control Panel
This option disables Java content in the browser prior to installing.
- Once you see the 1603 error, close the installer.
- Find and launch the Java Control Panel
- Uncheck (de-select) Enable Java content in the browser option
Reinstall Java and re-enable Java content in the browser
- In the Java Control Panel, click the Security tab.
- Uncheck the option Enable Java content in the browser.
- Click Apply and then OK to confirm the changes.
- Download and install the offline installer package.
- After the installation has completed, re-enable the option to Enable Java content in the browser, if you require running Java content in the browser.