What are the system requirements for Java 7?
The system requirements information on this page represents a subset to provide overview of supported browsers and operating systems. Detailed information on system requirements are available at Supported System Configurations.
- Windows 8 (Desktop)
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 (32-bit); Windows XP SP2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- RAM: 128 MB; 64 MB for Windows XP (32-bit)
- Disk space: 124 MB
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0 and above, Firefox 3.6 and above, Chrome
Mac OS X
- Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later.
- Administrator privileges for installation
- 64-bit browser
A 64-bit browser (Safari or Firefox, for example) is required to run Java 7 on Mac OS X. 32-bit browsers such as Chrome do not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.
- Oracle Linux 5.5+
- Oracle Linux 6.x (32-bit)*, 6.x (64-bit)**
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5+, 6.x (32-bit)*, 6.x (64-bit)**
- Ubuntu Linux* 10.04 and above
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server* 10 SP2, 11.x
- RAM: 64 MB
- Disk space: 58 MB
- Browsers: All OS that support versions Firefox 3.6 and above
*Not certified on Oracle VM
**Not certified on Oracle VM. Only 64-bit JVM is certified.
Solaris System Requirements
See supported System
Configurations for information about supported platforms, operating systems, desktop
managers, and browsers.