Red X image displayed where the applet should be. Applets won't run
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003
- Browser(s) Internet Explorer
An applet does not load, and the "Java Plug-in Control Panel" shows the following error:
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
- Or, you see an image that looks like a small white box with a Red X in it
- Or, the browser cannot display the program, and shows the error message
'Loading Java Applet Failed...'
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) could not obtain proxy information from the browser.
- The JRE is not configured correctly
Check proxy settings in the Java control panel and your browser.
You might also be interested in: