Alternative method to Uninstall Oracle Java 7 using the Terminal
This is an alternative method for uninstalling Java 7 for advanced users familiar with entering commands on Terminal window.
Following the steps listed will uninstall Oracle Java 7 from your system.
Note: To uninstall Java 7, you must have Administrator privileges and execute the remove command either as root or by using the sudo.
- Click on the Finder icon located in your dock
- Click on Applications tab on sidebar
- Click on the Utilities folder
- Double-click on the Terminal icon
- In the Terminal window Copy and Paste the command below:
sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
Above methods will uninstall Java 7 from the user system.
Yes, see the instructions on the Apple website Restore Apple Java 6.
If you have JDK 7 installed on your system and you want to restore Apple Java 6, then JDK 7 needs to be uninstalled first. See the instructions to Uninstall JDK 7.