How do I clear my web browser cache?
This article applies to:
Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
Clearing your Web browser cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of Web pages and programs you visit.
- Click Tools from the Internet Explorer menubar
- Click Internet Options
- Click the General tab
- Click the Delete Files button in the Temporary Internet files section
- If you still have a problem, repeat the steps above and restart the computer.
- Click Edit from the Firefox menubar
- Click Preferences from the Edit menu
- Expand the Advanced menu by clicking the plus sign
- Click Cache
- Click the Clear Cache button
- Click the wrench icon on browser tool bar
- Select Tools
- Select Clear browsing data
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data
- Click Edit from the Ope
- Click Preferences from the File menu
- Click the History and Cache menu
- Click Cache
- Click ok to close the Preferences menu
- Please refer to the Opera support page on Web caching for more detailed information.
- Please refer to the
AOL support page on Web caching for more detailed information.
- Please also refer to the java.com Help page on AOL issues.