How do I disable the Java icon in the Windows System Tray?
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 10
- Java version(s): 7.0, 8.0
A Java icon is shown in the system tray whenever an applet written with Java technology is running. The Java icon provides easy access to the Java Control Panel and the Java Console. In addition, you can easily find information about the Java version. The icon is removed from the system tray at the completion of the applet or application execution. Disable the Java icon through the Advanced tab of the Java Control Panel.
» Where is the Java Control Panel in Windows?
Disable the Java icon through the Java Control Panel
- In the Java Control Panel, click on the Advanced tab.
- Expand the Miscellaneous option.
- Place Java Item in system tray option is checked by default. Un-check the option to disable the Java icon in the system tray.
- Click Apply
- Click OK to save your changes.
You might also be interested in: